Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The race game

Yesterday morning on the way to work I was listening to the Ramiro and pebbles radio show on jamn 94.5, this may have been my first mistake. Regardless, a segment of the show was devoted to this game that cannot remember the exact name of. The host would tell a story that happened in the news, and then the caller would guess who's "people" this was. The three classifications were of the three people in the studio, white, black, and Hispanic. This sort of garbage makes my blood boil, not for being racist or being whatever you may call it but for the sole reason that the radio host who decided to play the game would be the first one to cry and pull the race card in any possible situation he could. This is something that I have a major problem with, you want to be equal and want to not be regarded as different, yet you are the one promoting the difference. Call me an asshole, call me a racist, call it what you want, but it makes my blood boil.

1 comment:

  1. I agree it's odd to hear Ramiro playing a game like that when he enjoys playing the role of a suppressed man to relate to the listeners of his show. However, I do enjoy a radio show game that they have on mix 104.1. It's called war of the roses and what happens is someone who is in a relationship calls into the show. They explain why they think their partner is cheating on them. The radio show hosts pretends to be a representative of some kind of cell phone company that the person has for their service and says that to thank them for their loyalty they're going to send a dozen roses to whoever they want. More often than not the person picks the person they're cheating with. Then they bring the partner who originally called into the show on the line and they confront the cheating bastard. It's an awful representation of our society, but damn do I enjoy listening.

    ReplyDelete