Thursday, June 2, 2011

True Life: Narratives are what makes our lives

Looking back on my life, I find it really (awkwardly) interesting to think about the countless decisions I have made hat have brought me to where I am today. Not to ring my own bell here too much but I am more than content with where I am right now due to the choices I have made to set myself up and shape me into who I am today. Clearly I have strayed from the path a little in getting there , as exemplified perfectly by me screwing around all semester and having to take summer courses, but regardless, I feel that I am pretty content with where I am. Right now, I have an awesome job, soon to be college graduate, have an awesome girlfriend who I have known since seventh grade, and this new relationship just started last summer, strange I know, but all due to some small decisions. But regardless I have a pretty bright future with multiple option in the next 5-7 months. All of this is due to the fact that I have made so so many small decisions that have shaped me into who I am and where I am in life today. Examine your own life and just think about all of the change and decisions that you have made, some if not most of which seemed minuscule and irrelevant at the time, that have brought you to where you are today. I do this from time to time and it's certainly a confidence booster and a good check on yourself to know that you're headed in the right direction, and it's all because of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment